Title/Position: Communications Coordinator
Employment Type: 5-10 hours per week
Salary: $250-$1,000/semester; paid as a stipend at end of the semester
Seeking passionate team players for an entrepreneurial venture (see below). Duties include (but not limited to) administrative assistant roles, bookkeeping, and data collection all pertaining to social media platforms. This is a unique opportunity to explore and make connections throughout Wisconsin, working with a variety of community partners and businesses while gaining first-hand knowledge and experience on how to run a business in real time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Attend weekly 1 hour meetings with other Doyenne Director of Operations
- Attend weekly 1 hour Doyenne “City” Team meeting
- Attend monthly Doyenne Leadership Team Meetings
- Assist office personnel with a variety of day to day tasks
- Develop a social media marketing strategy for Doyenne “City” programming and events
- Develop a social media marketing strategy for the organization
- Manage Social Media presence for the organization
- Interface with other local businesses for corporate contributions
- Attend community events (if possible)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be at least a junior at an accredited college or university
- Background in social media and best practices
- Prior work experience
- Experience with basic accounting practices
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Highly detail-oriented and great multi-tasking abilities
- Entrepreneurship coursework a plus
- Experience with legal contracts and legal language a plus
- Knowledge of website backend and Google Drive a plus, on-job training also available
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is generally performed in an office environment and routinely requires employees to do the following while carrying out the essential functions of the job:
- Use standard office equipment (computer, phone, printer/photocopies, etc.)
- Travel to event and meeting locations based throughout your Doyenne community
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Submit an Application
Please go through the following steps to successfully submit your application
1. Download the application form and fill it out
2. Fill out the form below titled “Doyenne Events Internship”
3. While filling in the form below, make sure to upload your completed Doyenne Employment application form, cover letter and resume by clicking the “Select Files” button below.
- Please title your uploaded documents as followed: FirstInitialLastname_documenttitle (ie: JSmith_Resume)
- Please note that only “.doc” and “.pdf” files are allowed to be uploaded
4. Click the “Submit” button once you have filled in all areas within the form and your files have completed uploading.
5. After clicking “submit” the entire page will refresh. Scroll to the bottom and you will see a confirmation message where the application form was before, this completes your application submission.